Centre of the community for Europe and all over the world
54 members, including 2 in the Youth Education Centre
This is where our network of contacts as a Benedictine community has its anchor. The centre offers to the members of the community a place for living, for encounters and spiritual exchange. An oasis of silence, it encourages them to pray, to celebrate the liturgy and to grow spiritually. The centre of the community is a privileged place for recreation and the renewal of strength in the demands of work and daily life. It also offers a home in old age and sickness.
In addition, it provides management and administrative tasks for the entire community.
Management and administrative tasks within the community:
- seat of the management and meeting place of the Central Council
- administration for the community as well as its missionary work
- home for sick and elderly members of the community
- holiday home for the members
- location for internal events
- reception of guests
- administrative tasks, catering, maintenance of house and grounds (for the Centre of the institute as well as the Youth Education Centre)
Voluntary participation in parish and social activities
- visits to sick and old people in clinics and old people's centres
- collaboration in a parish project giving a once a week's lunch menu for people in need
- aid for refugees